I'm a London-based machine learning researcher. After stints in biotech and quant finance, I now spend my days working on whatever AI project takes my fancy.
- Are we in an AI overhang?: AIs will get much, much larger in 2021.
- Post-Mortem Python Plotting: Fixing numerical bugs after they've caused a crash.
- The Recursive Approximation Algorithm, Animated: How n-body problems are solved in linear time, without any maths.
- A Clearer Proof of the Policy Gradient Theorem: A policy-gradient proof with less algebraic manipulation.
Most of my recent major work is NDA'd.
- coolgpus: Custom GPU fan control for headless Linux.
- kvbtests: Heteroskedasticity-and-autocorrelation-robust statistical tests.
- modulepickle: Makes distributed dev feels local by auto-shipping your working dir to workers.
- zonotable: Nails Zotero's paper ingestion onto the side of Notable.
- tablatex: Adds LaTeX symbol autocomplete to vscode.
- nosearch: Adds reverse search to Jupyter notebooks.
- noterminal: Adds disposable notebooks to Jupyter.
- stripcommon: Strips the common whitespace when copying into Jupyter.
These are my portfolio pieces from my first year learning to program, c. 2013.
- Commutes & Rent: An interactive visualization of commutes and rent in London.
- A Global Shallow Fluid Model: An interactive model of the atmosphere on a rotating planet.
- Segmenting Microarrays with Deep Neural Networks: Automation of a labour intensive part of DNA microarrays.
This website is rendered from Markdown into a minimal template by a short Python script. It uses a self-hosted Matomo instance for analytics, stripped down to only the details I'd see in the server logs.